Kobocha Squash and Kale LasagnaNovember 3, 2016
Brussels Sprouts with PancettaNovember 10, 2016
Wild Boar Ragu
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
- 3T Colavita Olive Oil
- 2 pounds wild boar shoulder (or pork), 2” cubes
- ½ medium onion, small dice
- 1 large carrot, small dice
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons Colavita Olive Oil in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven over medium-high heat and in batches brown the pieces of meat and set aside (covered).
- Reduce the heat to medium and in the residual oil add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then add the tomato paste and stir for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes then add the red wine and continue cooking until it has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add back the browned meat, chicken stock, tomato sauce, rosemary and bay leaf and bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cover with lid.
- Cook for about 2 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and remove the rosemary sprig and bay leaf and using two forks, shred the pork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve w/ pappardelle or other favorite pasta shape.