Blueberry and Oat Polenta PancakesJanuary 25, 2014
Cocoa Toasted HazelnutsJanuary 25, 2014
Chocolate Beet Cake with Pink Sea Salt
Author: Recipe Admin
- 4 small red beets, roasted
- 1-1/2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups turbinado sugar
- ⅔ cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup Colavita Classic Extra Virgin, Argentinian or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink himalayan sea salt as garnish
- Roast the beets according to this recipe.
- Remove the beets from the oven, allow to cool and then peel the skins off. Chop them into cubes.
- Heat an oven heat to 350°F.
- Place the cooled, chopped beets in a blender with the almond milk and puree until very smooth - so smooth you could drink it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, brown rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cacao powder and turbinado sugar.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the pureed beets to the egg mixture and mix to combine. Pour the wet beet mixture into the mixing bowl with all of the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Prepare a cupcake tin by lining with cupcake paper or greasing with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20 to 25minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of thecupcakes comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.