Maintenance Mechanic Assistant – Production Warehouse Department
Monday-Friday 7am to 3pm
1 Runyons Lane
Edison, NJ 08817
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanics Assistant to join our team! Primary focus includes but is not limited to maintaining and repairing industrial production and filling equipment.
- Assist in routine and scheduled preventative maintenance procedures.
- Repair, install, and adjust industrial machinery on the production floor.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment.
- Assist in product line changeovers.
- Respond to, document and log work order requests in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Monitor fillings lines to ensure proper equipment performance.
- Identify and coordinate maintenance repairs/replacements/upgrades with Maintenance Manager. Direct personnel and activities to achieve consistent, high quality products.
- Ensure compliance with GMPs, safe operating procedures and all regulatory requirements
- Identify labor needs for production lines and communicate needs to plant management.
- Evaluate and train line personnel.
- Report and coordinate follow-up on all reportable safety incidents and violations.
- Conduct monthly safety inspections of production line.
- Maintain all line-related QA system and regulatory documentation.
- Monitor and report on line performance, quality and safety issues.
- Other duties as requested by Plant Manager
- PRODUCTION MECHANIC EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Proficient computer knowledge.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience in similar position.
- Experience with equipment handling and/or maintenance.
- Food experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Language ability in both English and Spanish a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Medical, Vision and Dental InsuranceI
- 401K Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
Colavita USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.