1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Combine the flour, pumpkin spice, ginger and baking soda.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, yogurt, olive oil, molasses and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, mix until well combined. Set the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Top each with some of the pecan pieces; then sprinkle generously with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
4. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 16 to 18 muffins
Per Muffin: 187 Calories; 6g Fat (1g Sat, 4g Mono, 1g Poly); 3g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 46mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.