1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch cake pan with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Mix the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and corn syrup. Spread over the bottom of the pan and place in the oven for about 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from oven and let pan cool.
3. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
4. Puree the cottage cheese in a food processor, blender or pass through a metal mesh strainer to make a smooth texture. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, the vanilla, sugar, egg and salt. Mix well. Add the yeast mixture and stir thoroughly. Stir in the flour to make a soft dough.
5. Sprinkle the pan with the pecans. Turn dough into pan. Spread gently to evenly fill the pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled.
6. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cover with foil during the latter part of baking if browning too much. When done, remove from oven and unmold within 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Per Serving: 428 Calories; 19g Fat (2g Sat, 12g Mono, 3g Poly); 10g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.