1. In a small saucepan, set over low heat, melt together the chocolate and the olive oil. Allow to cool.
2. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by lightly oiling it and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
3. Beat together the eggs and the sugar; add the vanilla and Kahlua.
4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, ground almonds and espresso powder. Add to the wet ingredients; mix well.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes; a toothpick, when inserted into the center should have just a bit of crumb attached to it.
6. Set the pan on a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes; then remove the cake and allow it to cool completely.
7. Whip the cream with a tablespoon of sugar and a bit of the Kahlua or chocolate extract. Frost the top of the cake; then grate some of the dark chocolate over and sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired.