1. Cut a small slice from the bottom of each pear. Combine wine, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; add pears (the pears do need to be upright). Simmer, covered, 35 to 45 minutes, or until fork-tender, turning pears occasionally so they evenly absorb wine color.
2. Remove pears to a platter with slotted spoon, standing them upright. Refrigerate, covered, 1 to 2 hours, or until cold. Reserve wine mixture in saucepan.
3. Meanwhile remove and discard cinnamon sticks from wine mixture; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup and mixture coats the back of a spoon.
4. Combine chocolate and 3 tablespoons hot wine sauce in a small bowl, stirring until chocolate is melted.
5. Evenly divide remaining wine sauce among 6 serving plates. Place 1 pear upright on each plate; drizzle with 2 teaspoons chocolate-wine sauce. Garnish with lemon peel or walnuts, if desired.
Per Serving: 287 Calories (11.1% from fat); 3g Fat (1g Sat, 1g Mono, trace Poly); 1g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Food Exchanges; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.